“Learning never exhausts the mind.”– Leonardo da Vinci
Marketing is at the heart of every business, so how do you stay up to date with something that is so vital? How can you continue to grow and learn more to make your marketing the best it can be? It is time to look inwards and focus on yourself and your team. This blog will outline key marketing resources for staying in-the-know.
Why is Upskilling Important?
When it comes to the future of your business, one thing is guaranteed – change. Whether it is new technologies or a shift in consumer behaviour, businesses must grow and adapt to meet the changing needs of their audience. Upskilling is the perfect way to face these challenges head-on.
What are the benefits of upskilling?
- Increase productivity
- Improve confidence
- Workplace changes easier to face
- More success in marketing efforts
- Less time wasted for your business
What will complement your marketing knowledge?
Do you want to stay informed about marketing? Then it’s also important to consider what complements it. PR, sales, innovation, SEO, and branding all go hand in hand. That’s why it’s also important to investigate these areas as well whilst you are searching for resources to help you learn and upskill.
How can you use marketing resources to drive your business even further? Keep an open mind and acknowledge that there is always something new to learn. Even as experienced marketers, we always strive to expand our knowledge here at Octima.
Key marketing resources for staying in the know:
- Blog posts. Just like this one here, blog posts can be incredibly handy for sourcing valuable information and keeping up to date with the latest trends and updates. We highly recommend HubSpot blog, Google Ads Blog, Search Engine Land and Social Media Examiner.
- Online Courses. There are some great online courses out there to help you swat up. Most are flexible too, allowing you to fit them around your work and home life. HubSpot Academy has a wide range of free certifications available. Google Analytics Academy and LinkedIn also offer great courses.
- eBooks. Search Engine Journal has a great selection of tutorials and eBooks on offer. Whether you want to learn about social media, or SEO, there is something for everyone.
- Infographics. Are you more of a visual learner? Infographics could be ideal, and you can often find them on the websites already listed above.
- Live Events and Webinars. These not only offer learning opportunities, but networking too. The Moz SEO Learning Center offers some great webinars and videos, but also keep an eye on LinkedIn and follow individuals and companies who deliver webinars regularly.
- Social Media. Join the right forums and groups to be able to discuss and learn about marketing from the experts. You can follow Octima on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram. We often use our social media to deliver handy tips.
- Books. A traditional way of learning, but often one of the most effective. There are many marketing books out there, but two we would highly recommend are: ‘This is Marketing’ by Seth Godin and ‘Marketing: A Love Story’ by Bernadette Jiwa.
- Audiobooks and Podcasts. Are you more of a listener? Again, there are some podcasts and audiobooks, many of which are free. If you are an iPhone user, why not join Clubhouse, where you can find plenty of rooms on marketing and similar subjects.
Learning at Work Week
The 17th – 23rd May 2021 will see the return of Learning at Work Week, with this year’s theme being ‘Made for Learning’.
What is the event all about?
Learning at Work Week is an annual campaign that highlights the importance of continual learning and development within a business. The goal is to stimulate curiosity and engage employees in learning culture and creating a positive environment to do this in. During the week, businesses can take part in various activities ranging from non-work related to business-focused sessions.
The best thing is, there are so many FREE resources out there, ensuring new skills and knowledge are accessible to anyone and everyone. There are also a range of courses you can pay for to expand your knowledge and understanding of marketing, whilst also achieving a certification.
Do you want to expand your marketing knowledge?
Follow our social media and keep up to date with all things marketing with Octima, your outsourced marketing partner. By developing your marketing skills and reinvigorating your passion for business, it will help lead you to success.